Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Why Pinterest Will Make Wedding Planning Better/Worse

While the engagement is something I welcomed, and perhaps even lobbied for, I failed to recognize one thing: an engagement inevitably leads to a wedding. A wedding whose planning, for budget reasons if nothing else, I'd have to take part in. And wedding planning? Not something that I was especially interested in doing.

I approached the whole process like a chore: something I needed to do or else it wouldn't get done, but not something that I could imagine enjoying.

Until I discovered Pinterest. And now suddenly, all I want to do is pin all the things. Bridesmaid dresses? Check. Hairstyle ideas? Yup. Centerpieces, bouquets, invitations, favors? Oh my yes. I, the girl who vowed never to make one of those obnoxious wedding binders, am basically doing exactly that, but virtually, and I can't for the life of me figure out if that makes it better or worse.

But hey. At least things are getting done. Kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment